OUR STUDENTS : Is the The Lighthouse School right for me?
At The Lighthouse there is no such thing as a typical student. We accept students with a wide range of special needs that affect their ability to successfully learn in traditional schools with conventional methods. Our students come from a variety of backgrounds and have their own unique talents and skills.
We are the turning point in your child's educational, social, and emotional growth.
The Lighthouse School is ideal for:
- Students needing more effective teaching methods in a smaller learning environment.
- Students with diverse learning and neurological disabilities:
- Specific Learning Disabilities in the areas of:
- Reading / Reading Comprehension
- Math calculation and concepts
- Written expression
- High Functioning Autism
- Other Health Impaired
- Language, sensory, visual, auditory processing
- Executive Functioning
- Social Skills
- Students who are not thriving in their current setting because of their unique learning needs.
- Students who need social-emotional development and support.
- Students who need additional academic or vocational instruction in a post-graduate program.
The Lighthouse School does not accept students diagnosed with:
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Conduct Disorders
Contact The Lighthouse School today to learn more about our program and how we can help make your child's learning process a success. Call 770.632.7100 today.